[Paraview] ParaView 3 Compile Issues [CVS Head]

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 15:22:58 EDT 2007

I am trying to compile ParaView 3 from CVS (checked out today) and I
am receiving the following errors during linking:

Linking CXX shared library ../../bin/libpqWidgets.dylib
ld: Undefined symbols:
_HIViewGetWindow
_HIViewSetNeedsDisplay
_HIWindowFlush
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[2]: *** [bin/libpqWidgets.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Qt/Widgets/CMakeFiles/pqWidgets.dir/all] Error 2

This is on OS X 10.4.10 Intel. We are also having some problems
compiling on Windows XP. Could some suggest a stable, known working
branch of ParaView to work from?

I really need the multiple render window support of ParaView 3 so
going back to ParaView 2.x is not a possibility any more.

I understand PV3 CVS is in a giant state of flux at the moment, but
were there any stable branches?

I see there is a PV 3.0.2 release? What branch should I look for in
CVS? What about 3.0.1 or 3.0.0?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

--
Mike Jackson