[Paraview] ParaView & MPI Question(s)

Troy Telford ttelford.groups at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 16:41:43 EDT 2007

I hope this is a quick question:
What requirements are there for using ParaView with MPI?  (ie. MPI 2, etc)

I've been successful in compiling ParaView (and VTK) using a couple MPI
implementations (Open MPI, for example), but not others, such as MVAPICH2.

Unfortunately, I don't get the luxury of saying "Use this MPI" to my users, so
I'm mainly interested in eliminating MPI implementations which don't have the
features required by ParaView.

Also -- I noticed that you can configure the command used to execute 'mpirun'
using CMake.  (Things like the max number of nodes, etc).  Is the node count
something that is determined only at compile time, or is it configurable
afterwards?
--
Troy Telford