[Paraview] Lam mpi + paraview

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Jun 22 12:24:23 EDT 2007

That is odd.

I have a feeling that lam's mpicc brings in or leaves out something
important in the compilation and linking, especially when it compiles the
non parallel paraview app. When compiling against MPICH for example we don't
use MPICH's mpicc. But instead use normal cc and link in the extra
libraries. Instead of setting the compiler directly, have you tried just
turning on PARAVIEW_USE_MPI and then setting the MPI_INCLUDE_PATH and
MPI_LIBRARY instead?

cheers
Dave