[Paraview] ParaView 3 Plugin Attempt

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Thu Jun 21 12:39:33 EDT 2007

On Thursday 21 June 2007 9:37:01 am Mike Jackson wrote:
> Thanks,
>    I just about got it figured out when I got your email. Now the
> next step.
>
> I have a reader, and 2 filters. Can I have individual Server Manager
> xml files for each?

That should work fine.

> In my old project I combined everything into a
> single xml file for the server manager and a single xml file for the
> gui.
>
> Does this still hold?
> Assuming I can handle the autogenerated gui
> that Paraview will produce?

I'm not clear on those questions?  You can have any number of server manager
xml files.  You can have any number of xml files to define readers & writers
for the gui (which defines file extensions and such).
The gui xml for defining how properties show up in the gui is not how we do it
anymore.  You can let the gui auto generate it from the server manager xml.
The server manager xml has been enhanced to include a few things that used to
be in the gui xml in 2.x (such as labels).  If you're not satisfied, then
plugins is currently the only way to change that.

> When I get this working I plan to add some more detail to the Wiki
> Page... :-)

Thanks.

Clint