[Paraview] ParaView 3 Plugin Attempt

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 17:12:35 EDT 2007

I am attempting to migrate our ParaView 2.x based plugin (Reader and
2 filters) to ParaView 3. I have looked through the examples and read
the Wiki Page but I am missing something.

I am taking the approach where I tell cmake to use a
PARAVIEW_EXTERNAL_MODULE call "PVDislocation". I tell it the source
directory and all that. I have a PVDislocationParaViewImport.cmake
file at the top level of my PVDislocation directory.

When "configuring" in cmake I get the following Error:

538:[mjackson at Thor:pv3]$ cmake ../ParaView3
-- Found Qt-Version 4.3.0
-- Finding Atomic Data Sizes
-- Finding a 64 Bit Integer
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/Users/mjackson/Task_4/Workspace/PVDislocation/
PVDislocationParaViewImport.cmake:65:
Unknown CMake command "ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN".
-- Configuring done

Here is the contents of the PVDislocationParaViewImport.cmak file:
-------------

# specify the name of the module
SET(MODULE_NAME PVDislocation)

IF(WIN32)
     OPTION (WINDOWS_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT "Access data files larger
than 2GB" ON)
     IF (WINDOWS_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT)
     	ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DWINDOWS_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT)
     ENDIF (WINDOWS_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT)
ENDIF(WIN32)

# Specify non wrapped sources
SET (PVDislocation_SRCS
	"${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/DislocationReader.cpp"
	"${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/ArbPrecipIO/ArbPrecipReader.cpp"
	"${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/ArbPrecipIO/ArbPrecipFileHeader.cpp"
	"${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/ArbPrecipIO/ArbPrecipitateRecord.cpp"
	"${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/ArbPrecipIO/ArbPrecipIndex.cpp"
	"${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/ArbPrecipIO/DiscreteParticleFilter.cxx"
	"${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/GeoPrecipIO/GeoPrecipReader.cpp"
)

# specify the sources that should be wrapped
SET(PVDislocation_WRAPPED_SRCS
	"${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/vtkFCCGlidePlaneFilter.cxx"
	"${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/vtkBurgerVectorFilter.cxx"
	"${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/vtkPrdsDislocationReader.cpp"
	"${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/vtkPrdsArbPrecipitateReader.cxx"
	"${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/vtkPrdsGeoPrecipitateReader.cxx"
)

#-- Set any include Directories this module needs
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR})
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/..)

#-- We need the front part of the GUI Xml commented out for the
Paraview build
SET (COMMENT_BEGIN "<!--")
SET (COMMENT_END   "-->")

#-- Invoke this macro to add link libraries to PV
#PARAVIEW_LINK_LIBRARIES("${PVDislocation_LIBS}")

#-- Invoke this Macro to add the sources to paraview and
#-- wrap them for the client server
PARAVIEW_INCLUDE_WRAPPED_SOURCES ("${PVDislocation_WRAPPED_SRCS}")

#-- Invoke this macro to include non-wrapped sources in the build
PARAVIEW_INCLUDE_SOURCES("${PVDislocation_SRCS}")

# Place the package configuration file into the build tree.
CONFIGURE_FILE(${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/${MODULE_NAME}.xml.in
                ${LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH}/${MODULE_NAME}_GUI.xml @ONLY
IMMEDIATE)

# Place the package configuration file into the build tree.
CONFIGURE_FILE(${PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR}/${MODULE_NAME}.pvsm.in
                ${LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH}/${MODULE_NAME}_SM.xml @ONLY
IMMEDIATE)

ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(PVDisloationSMPlugin "1.0"
                     SERVER_MANAGER_XML ${LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH}/$
{MODULE_NAME}_SM.xml
                     SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES $
{PVDislocation_WRAPPED_SRCS} )

Any help or pushes in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks
--
Mike Jackson
imikejackson & gmail * com