[Paraview] Pb with vtkHDF5RawImageReader

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Jun 14 16:16:50 EDT 2007

Hi Adam,

We deprecated that reader. You can use Xdmf to read hdf5 files into
ParaView. There is some documentation here:
http://www.arl.hpc.mil/ice/XdmfUser.html
We will provide better documentation soon. Xdmf is a very flexible and
in my opinion very cool format. It uses a mixture XML meta-data and
hdf5 raw data.

-berk

On 6/12/07, adam <adam at cpht.polytechnique.fr> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been using HDF5(2.6.5)  file with paraview 2.4 without any
> problem. I tried to switch to paraview 2.6 or 3.0 both of them crash
> with the same error message
>
> ErrorMessage
>
> # Error or warning: There was a VTK Error in
> file: /home/amy/ParaViewReleaseRoot/ParaView-2.6.2/VTK/Filtering/vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx (718)
>  vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x913c0e8): Input port 0 of algorithm
> vtkHDF5RawImageReader(0x91389d0) has 0 connections but is not optional.
> ErrorMessage end
>
> What is wrong ?
>
> Thank you for your advice
>
> Jean Claude Adam
>
> Attached is a copy of the output for paraview 2.4 and 2.6 as well as an
> h5dump of the file

 Berk Geveci
 Kitware Inc.
 28 Corporate Drive