[Paraview] Re: python scripting inside Paraview

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Jun 13 21:23:13 EDT 2007

It looks like there is a memory issue somewhere. We will track it. However,
I have to say that creating 1000 individual line sources and 200 sphere
sources, all of which have displays, is not a common use case for ParaView
or VTK and is not something that will be efficient anytime in the future. I
suggest finding an alternative way of doing this. For example, it would be
way more efficient to have 1 source that takes a list of point tuples and
creates one vtkPolyData that has all of the lines. Same is true for spheres.

On 6/13/07, Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:

> Looks like there's some leak or something in the python display creation
> part. We'll take a look at it.
>
> Utkarsh
>
> Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
> > Hi Utkarsh,
> >
> > I just tried the new 3.0.1 with no succes:
> >
> >  ./paraview-3.0.1-Linux-x86/bin/paraview
> >                                                         [13 Jun 9:13pm]
> > terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
> >   what():  St9bad_alloc
> > Abort
> > 72.305 user, 1.383 system, 2:08.63 real
> >
> > Greetings!
> > Fabian
> >
> > Utkarsh Ayachit schrieb am 06/12/2007 07:21 PM:
> >> Are you using 3.0.0 beta?
> >>
> >> Utkarsh

> doing

> item