[Paraview] Re: python scripting inside Paraview

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Wed Jun 13 17:17:47 EDT 2007

Hi Utkarsh,

I just tried the new 3.0.1 with no succes:

 ./paraview-3.0.1-Linux-x86/bin/paraview
                                                        [13 Jun 9:13pm]
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  St9bad_alloc
Abort
72.305 user, 1.383 system, 2:08.63 real

Greetings!
Fabian

Utkarsh Ayachit schrieb am 06/12/2007 07:21 PM:
> Are you using 3.0.0 beta?
>
> Utkarsh
>
> Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
>> Hi Utkarsh,
>>
>> I tried you script, unfortunately it does not seem to work for me as
>> wanted; I get:
>>
>> Display could not locate the pqPipelineSource object  for the input
>> proxy.
>> Could not locate the server on which the new source was added.
>>
>> Do I do something wrong? I use version 3.0.0.
>>
>> Greetings!
>> Fabian
>>
>> Utkarsh Ayachit schrieb am 06/12/2007 02:48 PM:
>>> Hmm weird,
>>>
>>> Here's my script to create a 1000 spheres. It seems to work just fine
>>> for me.
>>>
>>> Can you post your script?
>>>
>>> import paraview
>>>
>>> # Locate the view to which we'll add the "display". All views are
>>> # registered in the group "view_modules" with the proxy manager.
>>> pxm = paraview.pyProxyManager()
>>> iter = pxm.group_iter("view_modules");
>>> activeView = None