[Paraview] paraview III and fluent ensight export

Bordier, Luc Luc.Bordier at InergyAutomotive.com
Wed Jun 13 06:27:27 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm testing the very great new version of Paraview III with ensight
files exported from fluent.

I just email to report the problems / bugs(?) I've observed during my
work:

-          histogram is not working with following error message :

ERROR: In
c:\berk\work\ReleaseBuilds\ParaView3\VTK\Filtering\vtkAlgorithm.cxx,
line 384

vtkPExtractHistogram (190B0950): Attempt to get point or cell data from
a data object

ERROR: In
c:\berk\work\ReleaseBuilds\ParaView3\Servers\Filters\vtkExtractHistogram
.cxx, line 137

vtkPExtractHistogram (190B0950): Failed to locate array to process.

ERROR: In
c:\berk\work\ReleaseBuilds\ParaView3\VTK\Filtering\vtkExecutive.cxx,
line 757

vtkCompositeDataPipeline (190B6958): Algorithm
vtkPExtractHistogram(190B0950) returned failure for request:
vtkInformation (187C8588)

Debug: Off

Modified Time: 25481079

Reference Count: 1

Registered Events: (none)

Request: REQUEST_DATA

FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

KEYS_TO_COPY: UPDATE_BLOCKS

FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0

This filter works fine with the AVS fluent export format but I loose all
the mesh groups.

-          plot cell over time makes paraview to crash (but I'm not sure
if I correctly use this filter) . I think it said that it need
vtkDataSet and I only have multi-block dataset in the ensight format

-          For the streamlines format the radius input can only have 2
digits which is problematic when having a mesh in meter and a inlet hole
of a few millimetres (impossible to enter 0.005 for instance)

I don't know if these remarks can help you... I hope so.

Regards,

Luc Bordier

Simulation Engineer

INERGY Automotive Sytems