[Paraview] Missing 'Save Batch Script' option in ParaView3

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Jun 7 12:05:46 EDT 2007

We removed saving of batch scripts for a few reasons, most important
of which is the fact that it was in Tcl. We are considering replacing
it with python. We are working on better documentation for the python
interface. For now, the one on the wiki together with the server
manager documentation in the paraview book are the only documentation
we have. There are some examples in
ParaView3/Servers/ServerManager/Testing/Python. Note that you can load
a paraview state from a python script.

On 6/7/07, Michael Martinec <michael.martinec at stud.unibas.ch> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was wondering if it is on purpose that the „Save Batch Script" option in
> the File Menu is missing in ParaView3. It was really handy. Is there a more
> detailed documentation available on how to write python scripts for
> ParaView3 then the one in the Wiki?
>
> Thanx for helping!
>  *Michael Martinec

 Berk Geveci