[Paraview] python scripting inside Paraview

Robert Maynard thorin.hax at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:14:42 EDT 2007

Currently I am stumped on how to turn on or off the visibility of items from

inside the paraview console.

Currently I am constructing Line and Sphere sources by doing
sphere = paraview.CreateProxy("sources","SphereSource","sources")

But these always are constructed with their visibility turned off. I have
tried
getting the properties of these objects using the vtkSMProxy ListMethods()
but
that does not list it.

What do I need to access to be able to control their visibility?