[Paraview] ParaView 3 Compile Issues [CVS Head]

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Jul 18 10:41:39 EDT 2007

Both.  There are often changes to the API between minor releases of Qt,
and if they run over something that ParaView is using, it makes it very
difficult to support both.  But more importantly, we simply do not have
the resources to support multiple versions of Qt.  With changes in bugs
and features in Qt, it becomes too hard to determine if a problem lies
with Qt, ParaView, or a combination of both.  Thus, we limit ourselves
to one version of Qt at a time.  If you want to use a different version,
I am afraid you are on your own.

-Ken