[Paraview] 3D reconstructions

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Jan 17 09:54:48 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 17:37 +0200, Nicola Maggio wrote:
> Hi All,
> I would like to know if it is possible to reconstruct neurons in
> serial, consecutive, sections after them being imaged with confocal
> microscope using paraview. If is it possible, does anyone how to do it?
> Thanks Nicola.

I've done a bit of work reconstructing neurons from confocal image
stacks using a mixture of ITK, VTK, and ParaView.

Image data is image data. It usually doesn't matter that the data came
from a confocal microscope or a CT scanner. It usually doesn't matter if
you're looking at a neuron or a moose. All the same tools usually work.

What sorts of things do you want to do? What file type do you have?