[Paraview] How to Display the Actual Scalar Values

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Thu Jan 11 16:10:52 EST 2007

I have an unstructured grid data set that has a couple of scalar
values at each point. The "names" of these scalars are "Domain ID"
and "Node ID".
    I see in the "Display" tab that there is a "Label Point Ids"
option but this isn't exactly what I want but close. Instead of
displaying the internal point id that vtk uses I want to display the
value of the scalar at each point. I can "Color by: " the node Id but
I really need to have the actual value shown on the screen. I tried a
"Glyph" filter but that didn't get me anywhere. Looking through the
Paraview book isn't getting me anywhere either. Is there such a
filter or way to display the actual values of scalars on the screen?
   At the moment we are using a Pick filter to get the value of each
one individually.

Thanks for any help.
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer