[Paraview] Re: Ensight fixes

Stéphane Montésino Stephane.Montesino at hmg.inpg.fr
Tue Jan 9 12:23:25 EST 2007

John Biddiscombe wrote
Ensight Binary Gold reader cannot read files written by fortran code
because it does not take into account the extra bytes before and after
each array or data item holding the length. I've added a small fix which
allows fortran written files to be read.

 I used to write "C Binary"  Ensight data with my Fortran code that can
be read with Paraview.
To do so, I use direct access:

        open
(unit=FileUnit,file=VarFileName,form='UNFORMATTED',access="direct",recl=reclength)
        write(unit=FileUnit,rec=1) VarFileName           &
     &                            ,part,rank,block       &
     &                            ,((((SNGL(var(m,i,j,k))&
     &                            ,i=imin,imax)          &
     &                            ,j=jmin,jmax)          &
     &                            ,k=kmin,kmax)          &
     &                            ,m=1,ndv)

--
Stephane MONTESINO

PhD Student                     tel:+33 4 76 82 52 91
LEGI                            fax:+33 4 76 82 70 22
BP 53
38041 Grenoble Cedex            email: stephane.montesino at hmg.inpg.fr
France                          http://www.legi.hmg.inpg.fr