[Paraview] filter needs camera position

Patrick boenzli patrick at orxonox.net
Mon Jan 8 17:31:50 EST 2007

Hi paraviewers!

Is there a possibility to get a measure of the camera zoom/position for
a vtkAlgorithm (filter)? I'm implementing an automated LOD filter for
paraview and it should automatically switch between LOD levels depending
on the camera's position/zoom (it will mask glyphs)

The position of the camera would be enough information. Or something
like the vtkFrustumCoverageCuller (that returns a value betweek 0..1
depending on the volume of the model rendered at the moment).

As I heard from some other sources this task can be very tricky, but
perhaps you got me some hints! I would be very happy!

best wishes,
Patrick