[Paraview] VRML2.0 error

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Wed Feb 28 17:18:55 EST 2007

ParaView version 2.6 (via CVS this morning) still crashes on my Fedora
Core 5 (Pentium 4) system when reading this wrl file. The first part of
the traceback:

#0  0x0959f69b in vtkVRMLImporter::exitField ()
#1  0x095a2342 in yyparse ()
#2  0x095a27f6 in vtkVRMLImporter::ImportBegin ()
#3  0x096dc354 in vtkImporter::Read ()
#4  0x08e86125 in vtkVRMLSource::RequestData ()
#5  0x0a3b34d4 in vtkExecutive::CallAlgorithm ()

VTK 5.0.2 also crashes at about the same place. However, the file
displays without problems in freewrl.

The wrl file was produced by someone else by an application with which I
am not familar. Is the VRML importer robust enough for any error in the
wrl file? Is there an application out there that can verify the
integrity of the wrl file?

Thanks!
Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center