[Paraview] InitializeTcl failed/no $DISPLAY environment variable errors (paraview on intel mac)

Paul Adams paul.adams.jr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 15:12:56 EST 2007

Is this the problem that you are seeing when t**rying to run ParaView?

*     $ paraview
**     ** ParaView error: InitializeTcl failed
**     ** Tcl_Init error: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following
directories:
**     **     /usr/local/lib/tcl8.4 /u/lib/tcl8.4 /lib/tcl8.4 /u/library
/library /tcl8.4.5/library /usr/local/lib/tcl8.4*

If so, then the *TCL_LIBRARY* environment variable needs to be set.

*     $ export TCL_LIBRARY=/path_to_tcl_library/tcl8.4/

*Paul Adams
http://wiki.vizworld.com/index.php/ParaView