[Paraview] Two Sided Lighting

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Tue Feb 13 10:17:15 EST 2007

If I write a "filter" for Paraview, is there a base class that I can
derive from so that I can get access to the "vtkRenderer"? I would
like create a "filter" to toggle two sided lighting on and off? or is
there another way to achieve this effect?
    Basically I have a very complex surface mesh where the parts that
intersect the bounding box are not sealed off, thus allowing one to
"see" into the interior of the mesh. By turning off two sided
lighting, these areas show up as black, or any other color I would
like. I have my own simple vtk based viewer where I did this so I
know all the plumbing is there, I just have no idea how to actually
get to it in ParaView?
     I guess I could just modify ParaView to always have two sided
lighting off, but I would rather have a toggle button.

THanks for any help or pointers.
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer