[Paraview] Error with vti file, endianness?

Craig Warren Craig.Warren at ed.ac.uk
Sun Dec 30 08:20:05 EST 2007

Hi folks,

I'm using a .pvd file (first url) to load .vti files, one of which is
given below (second url).

http://www.see.ed.ac.uk/~cwarren/vtk/Utsi_1000_fs27.pvd
http://www.see.ed.ac.uk/~cwarren/vtk/Utsi_1000_fs27_snap01.vti

The vti files were written on a little endian machine but when viewing
them I'm getting the following error message from PV 3.2.1 on Mac OS X
PPC.

ERROR: In /Users/davidcole/ReleaseBuilds/ParaView3/VTK/IO/
vtkXMLStructuredDataReader.cxx, line 314
vtkXMLImageDataReader (0xe65dba0): Error reading extent 50 160 50 135
50 52 from piece 0

ERROR: In /Users/davidcole/ReleaseBuilds/ParaView3/VTK/IO/
vtkXMLDataReader.cxx, line 497
vtkXMLImageDataReader (0xe65dba0): Cannot read point data array "E-
field" from PointData in piece 0.  The data array in the element may
be too short.

I pretty sure my files are constructed correctly.

Any thoughts most appreciated.

Craig
--
Craig Warren
PhD student

University of Edinburgh
Institute for Infrastructure & Environment
School of Engineering & Electronics
Alexander Graham Bell Building
The King's Buildings
Edinburgh EH9 3JL