[Paraview] Building Paraview Plugin on Windows

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 18 17:05:25 EST 2007

I'm trying to build a Paraview plugin on Windows using Visual Studio
.NET 2003.  I've built GPL Qt (qt-win-opensource-src-4.2.3), and built
Paraview against it.  I then try to build my plugin (which has built
fine on OSX and Linux), and all seems fine until the final link step,
when I get:

moc_StreamingToolBarActions.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static struct QMetaObject const
pqRenderView::staticMetaObject"
(__imp_?staticMetaObject at pqRenderView@@2UQMetaObject@@B)

My plugin uses pqRenderView, so may be implicated in the problem.  Am I
missing a step in configuring the plugin to bring in this missing
definition?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom Uram