[Paraview] Custom Filter Not Seen in 3.2.1 Filter Menu

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Tue Dec 11 19:29:46 EST 2007

I see now why it isn't showing up.  At startup, the entries in the filters
menu are the ones listed in
ParaView3/Qt/Components/Resources/XML/ParaViewFilters.xml.
If any new ones are introduced after startup, they are added, which is why it
works with plugins.

To get it in there, try this...
=== cloudGUI.xml ===
<ParaViewFilters>
  <Filter name="Cloud" />
</ParaViewFilters>
================

Then add this in your cloudParaViewImport.cmake file.
PARAVIEW_INCLUDE_GUI_RESOURCES("${cloud_SOURCE_DIR}/cloudGUI.xml")

Hmm.. I wish that wasn't necessary.

For fun, if you want to make your own menu category, you could do
<ParaViewFilters>
  <Category name="CloudFilters" menu_label="&amp;CloudFilters">
    <Filter name="Cloud"/>
  </Category>
  <Filter name="Cloud" />
</ParaViewFilters>