[Paraview] Saving slice data - a general query

Lester Anderson lester at arctica1.wanadoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 17:05:58 EST 2007

Hello

I am still learning the software and have downloaded some datasets to
explore the functionality of Paraview. I have tested a 4D
(volumetric) dataset, and can generate slices through the volume at
any angle etc. However, I would like to be able to save the data from
the slice as an XYZ format file (e.g. CSV) and the option of CSV is
in the list although it never seems to do anything except generate a
1kb file with a header line of X:points, Y:points, Z:points and no
actual data. How can I extract the data from the slice as I would
like to contour the data and post-process it through other applications?

As an aside, if I have have xyz data for several layers and want to
generate a volume of data, can this be done through Paraview?

Thanks

Lester