[Paraview] ParaView 3 and PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULE

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Fri Dec 7 15:55:08 EST 2007

Great discussion! But I'm still missing something when I try to add my custom
filter "cloud". Using the automatic GUI generation and
PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULE the make process marches along until this:

======
[ 75%] Building CXX object
Servers/ServerManager/CMakeFiles/vtkPVServerManager.dir/vtkSMApplication.o
.../Servers/ServerManager/vtkParaViewIncludeModulesToSMApplication.h: In member
function ‘void vtkSMApplication::Initialize()’:
.../Servers/ServerManager/vtkParaViewIncludeModulesToSMApplication.h:39: error:
‘vtkSMDefaultModulescloudSMGetInterfaces’ was not declared in this scope
======

In CMakeCache.txt it seems the flags to add my filter "cloud" are appropriate:

======
PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULES:STRING=cloud
PARAVIEW_USE_cloud:BOOL=ON
cloud_SOURCE_DIR:PATH=/home/eschenbe/PV/Kits/Cloud
======

And in the cloud directory the file cloudParaViewImport.cmake seems correct:

======
SET (cloud_SRCS
   ${cloud_SOURCE_DIR}/vtkCloud.cxx
   )

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${cloud_SOURCE_DIR})
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${cloud_SOURCE_DIR}/..)

PARAVIEW_INCLUDE_WRAPPED_SOURCES("${cloud_SRCS}")

PARAVIEW_INCLUDE_SERVERMANAGER_RESOURCES("${cloud_SOURCE_DIR}/cloudSM.xml"
======

The file cloudSM.xml is the same as was used with 2.6.1. Any ideas what went wrong?

TIA
Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center