[Paraview] 3.2 Plugin loading

Sean Ziegeler seanzig at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 5 15:47:46 EST 2007

I would assume that you can put any plugin in there.  I am using it for
readers and filters, but I don't see why you couldn't do custom GUI's
assuming that you use the Qt GUI process outlined in the wiki.
Essentially, my modification is no different than:
(1) using the Plugin Manager to load plugins
(2) setting PV_PLUGIN_PATH to a directory and placing plugins there.

It requires that you set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX when you run cmake and
then do a make install.  Any .so plugin file you place in
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/plugins will be loaded as if it were in
PV_PLUGIN_PATH.  Does that help?

-Sean