[Paraview] No keyboard input on CentOS 5 (==Redhat Enterprise 5)

Sean Ziegeler seanzig at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 18 09:16:23 EDT 2007

I don't know about the graphical problems, but I may be able to help
with the keyboard issue.  I've been meaning to post this to the list
anyway, but haven't bothered because it will probably be resolved by PV
3 anyway.

I use Fedora Core 6 which includes the Smart Common Input Method (SCIM),
and RHEL/CentOS 5 may as well.  It seems to intermittently cause both PV
2.4.x & 2.6.x to ignore the keyboard.  If you have root you can probably
disable it, but I don't, so I just kill SCIM and when it resets
everything is ok.  The following works for me:

killall scim-launcher scim-helper-manager scim-panel-gtk scim-bridge

Hope that helps,
Sean