[Paraview] does paraview_alpha require client/server mode?

Shead, Timothy tshead at sandia.gov
Thu Sep 28 10:38:39 EDT 2006

Peter:

In the general case, you can't browse for data until you're connected to
a server, since it's the server's filesystem that you're browsing.  This
issue doesn't exist on ParaView 2.x since there you must pick the server
when you start the client.  For ParaView 3 we've been kicking-around
some ideas to make the whole connection/browsing process more intuitive.

Cheers,
Tim

Timothy M. Shead
Sandia National Laboratories