[Paraview] Paraview 2.4.4 build error

Gregory, David C CIV NSWCDL G24 david.c.gregory at navy.mil
Wed Sep 27 11:19:20 EDT 2006

libGLU.so and libGL.so are different libraries.

On my RHEL4.4 machines, gcc defaults to compiling 64 bit binaries.  So,
you need to make sure you point to the libraries in /usr/lib64.
Typically, the ldd error message "skipping incompatible ...." means a
32bit vs 64bit incompatibility between the shared object and the
executable being linked.

Incidentally, I've had issues with paraview 32bit and using more than
4GB.  No issues at all when compiling with 64bit gcc.

-David

David C. Gregory
NSWC Dahlgren
Weapons Lethality and Effectiveness Branch - G24
17320 Dahlgren Road
Dahlgren, VA  22448
540-653-0424