[Paraview] Extracting transient probe data

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Fri Sep 22 09:13:50 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I'm running a free surface flow where I need to plot the interface height
over time in some points of the domain. For this purpose I thought of using
a line probe filter in each place, where I'd like do measure the interface
height. My problem is that I must get the data corresponding to each time
step (300 time steps) for several different places (5 places) and I don't
know if it's possible to export the transient probing data automatically
with PV. Does anybody have any idea how I could do it?

Note that I could do it manually, advancing the time steps and saving the
probe data one-by-one (300x5 times!) but, as anyone can see, it's not
practical.

thanks a lot for any help

ps: Sometime ago I have posted a similar question but in that case I was
thinking about a probe filter which we could set a value in order to have
the probe following the value position (like a "Lagrangian probing"). It
would be interesting to have a probe tool like that. In my case, I could
anchor the probe on the interface and track the interface height over time
easily.

Renato N. Elias
PhD student - http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias
High Performance Computing Center