[Paraview] Mesa + Save View Image = black jpg?

Gregory, David C CIV NSWCDL G24 david.c.gregory at navy.mil
Wed Sep 20 12:47:17 EDT 2006

Hello all-

I've been working on getting paraview setup with Mesa and
off-screen-rendering on a Opteron cluster.

I successfully compiled with mesa and was able to get everything fired
up with off-screen rendering.   However, when I turn compositing on, the
rendered image becomes black and white with black squares superimposed.
In addition, even though the image looks and behaves correctly when
local Mesa rendering is used, saving a picture yields an all black
frame.

I then thought to eliminate the parallel issue and ran a version with
Mesa rendering in serial - same results.   Everything looks ok in the
gui, but a saved image is entirely black.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

-David

Details-
Paraview 2.4.4
Mesa 6.5 (from tarball)
RHEL 4.1 x86-64
64 bit binaries across the board compiled with gcc 3.4