[Paraview] Clip Hang

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Tue Sep 19 09:37:28 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 16:26 -0400, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 13:20 -0400, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> > I wonder WHY I have no OpenGL context. Oh boy is this going to be fun to
> > track down.
>
> I noticed that the of the ClipCut tests run on gargon batch failed while
> the ClientServer and RenderServer tests passed. I tried my little test
> where I bring up the wavelet source and clip it in paraview with
> offscreen rendering on and it works. Without offscreen rendering the
> viewport hangs and mesa complains about the invalid context.

I just tried some things on our Beowulf cluster as pvserver and my
workstation as the pvclient. I tried opening up the wavelet source
( worked ), contouring ( worked ), color by process id ( worked ), but
as soon as I clip anything the pvserver dies with a segfault.

The pvserver complained as below but it was run with
--use-offscreen-rendering. The server was built with mesa as the only
GL.

Connected to client
Process id: 0 >> ERROR:
In /home/khobbs/kitware/ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenG
LRenderWindow.cxx, line 482
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x936aba0): bad X server connection.

Process id: 0 >> ERROR:
In /home/khobbs/kitware/ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenG
LRenderWindow.cxx, line 309
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x936aba0): bad X server connection.

mpiexec: Warning: task 0 died with signal 11 (Segmentation fault).