[Paraview] Reading .cube Files

Jean Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Thu Sep 7 13:29:39 EDT 2006

Berk Geveci wrote:
> So, I am guessing one _always_ extracts one of the outputs and then
> apply a filter. Does it make sense to apply the same filter to both
> outputs?

no, it makes no sense at all. The first output is only polydata used to
generate a molecular representation (via glyphs)
the second port holds a 3D voume mesh (vtkImageData) which is the volume
of density in which the molecule is placed.

> I am trying to figure out whether the output of this reader should
> multi-block. It sounds like it should not. It sounds like the two
> outputs have different purposes and should remain separate.

I would not dedicate any effort to this specific reader. My experience
shows that support in PV was broken for many months and nobody
complained. Further, the reader itself needs a new implementation to be
conform to other molecular visualization packages (IMHO)

Working however on the more general purpose of separating multiple ports
is a much more useful.

Jean