[Paraview] Re: pv2.9 features...

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Oct 10 05:38:52 EDT 2006

Stephane

I have managed this morning to integrate our CFX reader into ParaQ (or
Paraview III - which name is the official one?). Inside
ParaViewReaders.xml you can add a brief name="myReader" and this can
refer to the name in the provided servermanager XML file which is the
same as for Paraview OLD. As you correctly discovered, the
paraviewreaders.xml is bound into the ui resources of the mainwindow and
so you need to regenerate/rebuild the qt interface.
using the PARAVIEW_EXTERNAL_MODULES to include our modules at build time
- they are linked in and working. (I always used this method in the past
because when you tried to dynamically load modules at run time, they
never worked in parallel (for me))

The clever bit is that with no Client xml file used, it was able to
create this panel!

ftp://ftp.cscs.ch/out/biddisco/paraview/cfx_panel.jpg

This is going to save so much time. Thank you very much for adding this
feature.

JB