[Paraview] Opening PVD Files Referencing Thousands of Files

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Nov 15 12:25:29 EST 2006

Kent

>Does that fix make senses in general? What have been the experience of
others with transient data stored in thousands of files?

I've had the same trouble with the XMLCollectionReader. When accessing
hundreds of time steps, it creates an internal reader for each step,
then on the very first pass, it tries to update information (memory may
cause a mistake here) on them all, and it suffers greatly.

I made a similar adjustment to the code to prevent it doing this, but I
suspect the class needs a fairly serious redesign. I wanted to interface
the XML pvd datasets to a Temporal Pipeline using the new
vtkTemporalDataSet and I got it working, but with much pain (and
hair/sleep loss etc)

JB