[Paraview] Creating animation from timeSeries of data

Aditya Saurabh saurabh.aditya at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 23:50:34 EST 2006

Each of my files is one timestep. I trimmed down .pvd file to include only
filename and timestep. When I loaded the file in paraview (by open Data),
paraview crashed! :-(
My files are data_UVWP.72.vtk to data_UVWP.236.vtk. I have pasted my .pvd
file. What should I put in part and name tag, if I must, so that paraview
does not crash. I am trying different combinations, till now with no
success. Do I need to select .pvd from 'Open Data' or 'import package'?
Let me know your comments, they're invaluable to me!
thnx
Adi

tag in your pvd file:-->
    <DataSet timestep="0001" part="001" file="fmavto.m001.t001.vtu"
name="Asmb:FRAME Part:FRONT Matl:ALUMINUM"/>

My .pvd file:-->

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!--
   Title: FRAME SECTION (w/ SUBCYCLING)
 Program:  FMA-3D
 Version:  V27.12
    Date: 28-MAY-2006
    Time: 20:19:29
 -->

<!--
 Last Problem Time:   2.0000378E-02
 Last Cycle Number:     3551
 -->

<VTKFile type="Collection" version="0.1" byte_order="LittleEndian">
  <Collection>
    <DataSet timestep="0001" file="data_UVWP.72.vtk" />
    <DataSet timestep="0002" file="data_UVWP.73.vtk" />
    <DataSet timestep="0003" file="data_UVWP.74.vtk" />
  </Collection>
</VTKFile>