[Paraview] Creating a reader: Problem with extension

Terry Jordan tejj at hotmail.com
Fri May 26 15:10:29 EDT 2006

I am working on a reader for OpenFOAM and encountering a problem.  OpenFOAM is a group of files with no extensions.  The file I inital open is called controlDict, so I used "controlDict" as my "extensions".  This workaround allows me to see my files but if I just select it when doing a file open I get an error (it tries to attach the first extensions in the Paraview files list) "File XXXX does not exist".  So I have to choose "OpenFOAM Files" in "Files of Type" which allows me to proceed and is followed by another error "Could not find an appropiate reader file XXXX. Would you like to manually select the reader of this file?".  From here I can select my reader, again, and it does work, but this is going to be a headache for any one who uses this.  I have asked the OpenFoam developers if the can add a file extension and they are unwilling.  Is there anyway this can be fixed on the paraview side?

Thanks.