RES: [Paraview] client/server display problem - solved almost

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Fri May 26 09:07:52 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 13:52 +0200, John Biddiscombe wrote:
> Thanks to all, I have now got it mostly working, for reference should
> anyone  check the archives
>
> I discovered that one must build Mesa twice,
> once "make linux-static", then again with "make linux-osmesa32"
> then you get the build of the GL lib and the additional offscreen osmesa
> libs. I hadn't realized theat building osmesa didn't also built the core
> GL lib

That's strange. I know that the other way around builds both. That is
"make linux-x86" and "make linux-x86-64" both build GL, GLU, GLX... and
OSMesa.

> - hence I didn't have the GL lib and linked against the default
> GL. Note that I fell back to using Mesa-6.4.2 and this configuration
> works (I suspect 6.5 wil work too now that I know what to do).
> (NB. Building mesa as dynamic caused crashes every time.)

Hmm? It worked for me. What version of Paraview are you using again? I
now see Renato N. Elias' comment about LD_LIBRARY_PATH, which reminds me
that when I add my Mesa shared libs to CMake I get the rpath question in
cmake. I'm using the CVS HEAD of both ParaView and CMake.