[Paraview] client/server display problem - on and on and on...

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Tue May 16 18:23:32 EDT 2006

Renato,

In your case (1 client) pvserver IS a data server. In fact it the best of both worlds, it's a data server until the polygonal data gets to big (passes the 10MB threshold) and then it becomes a render server, and you can dynamically change that threshold....or if for some bizarre reason you never want it to become a render server (not sure why.. but whatever) you can just turn compositing off and it will always be a data server.

In general the point I'm trying to make is that for 99% of the folks out there, splitting the server into a data server and a render server is a more complex, less effective solution, then just running pvserver and pvclient. If you are running pvdataserver and pvrenderserver you should have a REALLY good reason for doing so.

Okay have we beat this horse to death yet?  :)

Brian Wylie - Org 9227
Sandia National Laboratories
MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J
(505)844-2238 FAX(505)845-0833