[Paraview] client/server display problem

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Tue May 16 15:23:43 EDT 2006

Folks,

Just to reiterate, the servers should ALWAYS open up a window on their
local display, never should the DISPLAY variable on the servers be set
to anything other than localhost:0.

Even if you compile with Mesa (which opens a virtual window) the display
should still be set to localhost:0

Never X forward or openGL forward, if you do you are bypassing an image
delivery system capable of 20-30 frames/sec over 100T interconnect to
the client. (see http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_27539.html and
http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_19962.html for some blah blah PR
materials)

Sorry to repeat myself, but it seems like there might be some confusion.

  Brian Wylie - Org 9227
  Sandia National Laboratories
  MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J
  (505)844-2238 FAX(505)845-0833