[Paraview] client/server display problem

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Tue May 16 12:38:51 EDT 2006

All,

I haven't followed the entire thread, but just wanted to mention that in
general 'forwarding X' when running ParaView client/server is a very bad
idea (performance 20x slower and bypassing all the image delivery work
in ParaView).

When running in client/server folks should do one of the following two
things:
1) Set up their server nodes so that they can open X windows (Sandia has
done this on like 10 different clusters, it's not that hard, if you need
instructions please email me).
2) Compile the server with Mesa (note: the client should never be
compiled with Mesa)

  Brian Wylie - Org 9227
  Sandia National Laboratories
  MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J