RES: [Paraview] PV 2.4.3 crashing when running in parallel mode

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Wed May 10 17:48:56 EDT 2006

Answering Kevin

no, I don't have X server on my client since (I guess) it isn't necessary
when running PV on client x server mode. I only started pvclient on the
Windows XP system (pvclient -rc) and left it waiting the pvdataserver
connection from the SGI Altix system (mpirun -np 4 pvdataserver -rc
-ch=[pvclient's IP]). I was not expecting any screen from my dataserver
since it doens't make sense for me. I was expecting the pvdataserver
connection and the screen started on the client side with the binary
available locally (on the client's side) but it doesn't happen. The
pvdataserver suddenly broke with the message I wrote in the previous mail.

Answering Berk

I could say that it's my first time trying to run PV version 2.4.3 in this
system... I'm used to running the previous stable release (2.2.1) on the
same system combination ("Wintel"+SGI Altix) without any problem. I couldn't
say if this problem is due the version 2.4.3 or my compilation. I only can
say that the compilation ran fine and the binary was built with CMAKE 2.0.3,
GCC 3.2.3-47, and MPI from the SGI propack.

Is there anything different between the client x server mode from version
2.2.1 to 2.4.3?

(I only observed the screen on the client machine with the message "waiting
server connection")

Regards

Renato.