[Paraview] Probe point clouds / Point to sphere generation

Randy Hudson hudson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 11 15:01:46 EDT 2006

Shawn,

Sorry, I didn't answer your questions.

The only point cloud I know it accepts as input is one defined as
vtkPolyData.
(1  Can one be defined another way in vtk?
 2  If so, I've never tried it.)

With some data types, the splat filter is not ghosted out.  An example:
the sample data, "iron protein.vtk", that comes w/ paraview.

But, I've only been concerned with using on my vtkPolyData point clouds.