[Paraview] vtkDataArray::SetComponent()

Randy Hudson hudson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 11 13:01:43 EDT 2006

For a long time, we've used vtkDataArray::SetComponent() to build an
array of scalar (1-component) attributes to add to vtkUnstructuredGrid.

While I was looking the other way, so to speak, making my paraview
particle reader work, and as a couple new versions of paraview were
released, something changed so that, when I now use my other,
vtkUnstructuredGrid-building reader, the loop that loads the attributes
(with 2048 calls to SetComponent()) takes more than half a minute (as
measured by clock()), which is glacially slow.  I haven't found any
change I might've made that would explain this.

If I replace SetComponent() with SetValue() or SetTuple1, I get my speed
back, but now isosurfaces are messed up as though there's no continuity
bewteen cells.

Is there any reason I should be seeing these symptoms?

Thanks.

Randy.