[Paraview] Re: MPI makes Paraview slower?

Nancy haifang_zhou at 163.com
Mon May 8 22:22:11 EDT 2006

Bryan,
Slower or faster is decided by the data type. Only
regular types of data (structured grid or image data)
can be divided into sub-grids automatically by paraview
when running in parallel mode.
For unstructured data (poly data or unstructured grid)
the distribution should be done by users. Or, you can use
D3 filter on your data, which can redistribute your data
on the parallel system evenly.

Our lab aslo is testing the parallel performance of paraview,
could you tell me what is format of your data? and is it could
be shared with us?

Nancy