[Paraview] How to cut a scalar data file with a previously generated iso-surface ?

Stéphane Montésino Stephane.Montesino at hmg.inpg.fr
Wed Mar 29 12:55:27 EST 2006

By using the isosurface filter, I can visualize some hairpin vortices in
my flow.
But I  would like to visualize the sens of the rotation of these vortices.
To do so,  I would like to colorize it by the streamwise vorticty .

How to colorize an iso-surface with another scalar value coming  from
another data file ?
(I can only colorize the iso-surface with the iso-value, the property
the normal or the gradient)

Or

How to cut a scalar data file with a previously generated iso-surface ?
(I can only cut a data file with a plane or a sphere)

--
Stephane MONTESINO

PhD Student                     tel:+33 4 76 82 52 91
LEGI                            fax:+33 4 76 82 70 22
BP 53
38041 Grenoble Cedex            email: stephane.montesino at hmg.inpg.fr
France                          http://www.legi.hmg.inpg.fr