[Paraview] RE: Seeding streamlines and 2 questions : Data Topologies and Sharp autostereo rendering

Richard Strelitz strelitz at lanl.gov
Tue Mar 28 11:47:47 EST 2006

Answer 1:  (for Stephen Wornom in France, a respectable distance from
Vicksburg, MS)
Streamlines are seeded by using a vtk-geometry; even a set of points
as an unstructured points object will work.  VTK does not have a
topology extractor which would help you to find the vrotex cores and
the strakes.

Question 1:
   Is there interest in a topology filter?  Any features that you'd
like to have?  I need to write one, and it would be nice to have a
collaborator or even an interested party.

Question 2:
   I have several Sharp 15" LCD autostereo panels plus the SDK for
win and XP.  Has anyone toyed with a rendering module for these
displays?  I quite like them, and although everyone wants stereo, no
one wants to cede their desk to the CRT needed to display stereo.

Richard Strelitz,

Message: 6