[Paraview] Compositing

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Mar 21 15:47:03 EST 2006

With only 6 nodes, ParaView uses a tree compositing algorithm (at 8
nodes it switches to binary swap for better distribution).  So the first
node does indeed to some more compositing, but not much.  If you are
seeing a large difference in load balancing, I seriously doubt the
compositing is a major contribution.  Are you sure your data has an even
distribution to begin with?  Many readers do not necessarily give a good
distribution of data.  You could try running your visible surfaces
through D3 to balance them better, but if your animation changes the
geometry every frame you will lose more in redistribution than you gain
in load balancing.

-Ken