[Paraview] Ensight

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Tue Mar 21 12:27:34 EST 2006

All,

Some other stuff to be a bit careful of
(1) 'Advanced Render Parameter' under '3D View Properties'
(2) 'Cache Geometry' under 'Keyframe Animation'

(1) Options can have things like construct T-Strips and create display
lists, both of which are not useful for animations
(2) Cache Geometry is a double edged sword, great for 'replay', but can
chew up a lot of memory which could lead to swapping or worse

My recommendation is for this particular test...
    Make sure 'Use Triangle Strips' is OFF
    'Use Immediate mode rendering' is ON
    'Cache Geometry' is OFF

Also if you could make the test data publicly available that makes all
the difference in the world. That way if there is an issue, we can
actually do something about it. :)

Brian Wylie - Org 9227
Sandia National Laboratories
MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J