[Paraview] opacity bug with pvserver/pvclient

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Mar 20 15:47:40 EST 2006

That is because the standard compositing code does not work correctly
with transparent data.  Simply put, the z-buffer algorithm used by the
compositing is incompatible with transparent data.

Under view options, try selecting "Enable Ordered Compositing".  That
will switch the compositing to an ordered color blending mode.  You may
still see artifacts, but at least all of the geometry will be drawn.
The downside of this mode is that the geometry must be redistributed
every time you make a pipeline change.

-Ken