[Paraview] Re: write binary VTK -rectilinear grid data- using fortran77

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Tue Mar 14 09:48:32 EST 2006

--On Tuesday, March 14, 2006 03:11:01 PM +0100 Adrian Magda
<amagda at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1 if my data is real in fortran and in paraview reader is float are this
> two corespondent, i mean the same?

Yes, real and float mean the same here.

> 2 the file for writing should be unformatted or binary opened for writing
> - i am working on a sun machine?

I can't answer that as my Fortran is rusty.

> 3 how do i sweep bites? a line command would be very helpful

I can only give an example in C; perhaps someone can contribute an example
in Fortran. In C, if "a" is your array of integers or floats, the bytes
could be swapped as follows:

   int i;
   char one_byte;
   char *b = (char*)a;

   for( i=0; i<nWords; ++i, b+=4 ) {
      one_byte = b[0]; b[0] = b[3]; b[3] = one_byte;
      one_byte = b[1]; b[1] = b[2]; b[2] = one_byte;
   }

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center